Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:49:45 EDT
(BIG: I have been asked to forward the following to the FML....
Shari Gunter)

I have just received a response form Marshall Farms in regard to an e-mail
I sent them expressing my concerns about the young age that they are
shipping kits.

I asked them why they were "shipping kits at under six weeks?" There
response was they "never ship kits until they are six to seven weeks old."
I told them that was not true.  I told them I knew this to be fact, because
I myself bought a kit that was under six weeks old.  No excuse or further
explanation was given.  I was told that if I wished to discuss the matter
further to call Marshall Farms and speak with Mark (He is a PR guy).

I spoke with Mark on the phone 7/7/00 and was told the same thing.  I did
however learn that Marshall Farms is making some big changes.  First of all
they will be sending a fact sheet with all kits; this will cover everything
from what you will need to purchase through how to ferret proof your home.

Marshall's is also doing research on adrenal, lymphosarcoma, and
insulinoma.  I would like for all of you that have purchased a kit under
six weeks to contact Mark at [log in to unmask]  I hope this information
will help some of you.

As a reminder from above, as of July 1 or so, MF is sending a FAQ care
sheet out to pet stores with their shipment of kits that states that
"ferrets should NOT be kept in wood shavings." Mark/MF wants to know which
pet stores that are NOT adherering to this FAQ.  Monitor your pet stores
that sell MF ferrets!

Robin Longley