Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:45:37 -0400
Hi Everybody,
Just thought I'd let everybody know that I have some of my ferrets'
Halloween pictures up at:
         http://homepages.msn.com:4890/PetsPl/lhartman/spooks.html
Most of them can be sent as Halloween Cards.  Click on the link at the
bottom of each page, and it will take you to The Brat Babies Holiday Card
page where you can send them.

I had a recent scare about my oldest ferret Darby about a month or so ago.
We took him to the vet for his annual visit.  Since he's over 5 now, we
had a bood test done.  When it came back, it indicated that he might have
lymphoma.  I spent the next two weeks trying to prepare myself for the
inevitable.  This time, his test came back normal!  Was I ever relieved.
I'm still treating him special though as all the other 5 because you never
know when one will be taken from you.  I found this out this summer too as
my Kit got out and was lost for 10 days.  When we found him, I vowed not to
ever let this happen again.  As he was a really sneaky one, about a month
later he did get out.  This time we weren't lucky enough to find him.
Sometimes I wonder how it is possible to love something that only weighs 2
or 3 pounds so much!  It leaves such a tremendous hole when one is lost,
and getting a new one doesn't replace this hole in your life that he left.

Lawanda Hartman
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/lhartman
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/2856
http://members.xoom.com/LHartman