From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 02:56:50 -0400
    "I think I just pooped," Maxie declared.
    "Me too," Sammi agreed.
    "Me three," Rosie added.
    "Nice bear," Buzz said, "I don't want to have to get ugly."
    "You're already ugly," Wiggles stated, giggling.
    "Silence!" The bear roared, standing on it's hind legs; it's enormous
head looming down upon them all from ten feet above.  "What are you doing in
my part of the forest?" The bear boomed, "No one trespasses upon my
territory!" With that, the bear put both front paws back on the ground, with
deliberate force.  "Owwww!" He screamed, "That hurts!"
    "What hurts, Mr. Bear?" Sammi asked.
    "My name is Griz!  I stepped on a broken bottle in the old campground to
the east," The bear stated.  "And I got this piece of glass stuck in my
foot."
    "Stinkin' humans," Buzz interjected.
    "Yeah, tell me about it," Griz said.  "First we got poachers all over
the forest, then we got campers getting mad because we happen to enjoy the
food they leave in their "trashcans," and so the human "officials" come out
here with their guns and trucks and shoot us when we become to accustomed to
invading "their" space, even though we were her first; and to top it all
off, I've got a piece of their glass jammed in my foot!"
    "So," Rosie asked, "Does this mean you aren't going to eat us?"
    "Wrong!" Griz answered, rubbing his chin with his toes.  "I'm just
trying to figure out which one of you to eat first..."

    (to be continued...)