From:
MR ANG DONG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 1996 12:36:03 EST
Hi All!

It's been a while since we have been here, going crazy with the holidays, ya
know!  But everyone is doing fine, and we are happy to report that Nikki is
gaining her weight back and is back to her old self again!!!  I couldn't
have asked for a better Christmas present!

The reason I am posting today is as a favor for a wonderful lady named Mary
Maday in Aurora, Colorado.  Mary is the person in charge of the polecat
adoption program at the Pueblo BFF facility.  Now I know that this may raise
some hackles, because the only things I know about polecats are from Mary
and some of what I've read on FML, but I figured some one needed to get
involved and help spread the word of what was being done to the polecats
that help researchers learn more about the BFF.  Because the polecats are
such good breeders there is a surplus every year, and unfortunately before
Mary stepped in, they were all euthanized!  But now however, the BFF program
is allowing Mary to find qualified homes for these surplus babies.  Mary
does her best to hand raise as many as possible, but because this is all
done with her own money it is hard for her to raise ALL of them this way.
But if anyone is interested in adopting a polecat she is now accepting money
which will be put toward the taming of one polecat and that will be the
polecat that the person receives.

To give you a little description of the polecats they are smarter, faster
and smaller than domestic ferrets.  Their color is an oranginsh-rust, with
black feet, tip of tail and mask of the BFF.  They are very similar in
physical makeup to the BFF and live in a similar environment in China.  They
have unique personalities and are very playful.  If anyone is interested in
learning more about the polecat adoption please e-mail me your snail mail
address or better yet contact Mary Maday, Polecat Adoption Coordinator, 5289
S. Pagosa Way, Aurora, Colorado 80015 - daytime phone 1-303-863-1300 (8:45
am - 6:30 pm Mountain time, Tuesday thru Friday.

Please if there is anyone out there mad because I posted this, understand
that I'm not saying to anyone to adopt a polecat, I'm simply trying to make
more information available if someone is interested!!  But if there is
anyone interested make sure you talk in length to Mary about what the
owning a polecat entails!!!

Thank you!!
Jaya -  Guardian of the Ferritone
Ang -  Raisin Dispenser
Nikki - I'm feelin' grrrreat!! Now what kinda trouble can I get into?

Mika - hey, hey, hey I wanna play!
Moosie - Yawwwn is it nap time yet?