From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1993 09:21:41 -0500
Hi, to the person owned by Kitee, let me tell you, I'm having some similiar
probs with my two monsters....and one of them has decided to be *really*
original and not do corners, but go anywhere there's a straight edge!  But
anyway, what I'm trying now is what I read in the ferret faq written by Pat
Greene (thanks Pat!), which is to put bedding in the corners where you don't
want to the ferrets to go...theoretically, they won't go on anything soft
and cushy.  I'll let you know how it works out!

Has anyone tried teaching their ferret some balance by letting them fall
into a barrel of crumpled newspapers and saying "no!" when they do?  I read
this in Barron's ferret book and was thinking of trying it.  Punk is a real
klutz.

Another question (someday I might be able to offer some answers!):  Is there
anyway to determine an approximate age of a ferret?  The pet store told me
Rock, my white-footed sable male, was about A) 9 weeks B)14 weeks.  Well, I
think its pretty impossible that he's 9 weeks as he's 3 times bigger than
Punk who *is* nine weeks.  He's about 16 inches from head to the end of his
tail and weighs 2 1/2 pounds.  Does this sound right for 14 weeks?

Happy ferreting!

Tracy, Punk & Rock