Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:43:35 -0700
The one day I am not on the net, something like this happens. I am in
such shock and disbeleif, and, as Alexandra pointed out how the media
can bring his other problems to the surface after his passing. That
just sucks. I know it won't change how I felt about him. I only had the
opportunity to meet him once, when he drove 2 hours to adopt ferrets
from me and he was one of those people that you could "just tell" that
he was a good ferret dad. We had emailed alot over the years, since I
started in ferrets six years ago and there was never a doubt in my mind
about what a good ferret dad he was. I hope they find the piece of
human feces that did this and put me at the switch which I will gladly
flip three times just to be sure. This is the fourth human loss for me
this year, three of them in the ferret community. For once, I am nearly
speechless.

I spent a long time on the phone with the gal handling the ferrets
at the Lancaster Humane Society. I called to offer our assistance,
willing to take in all of the ferrets. One in the group is one that
I adopted to him. They already have a rescue lined up to take the
ferrets-Fellonious Ferrets and she assured me that they will be looking
for someone to take the entire group. Knowing that, I feel it's best
that Diane stay with the group she is bonded with instead of uprooting
her and bringing her back to the rescue. I also have a gut feeling that
Todd wants this as well. Lancaster Humane Society is lucky to have this
wonderful ferret mom on their staff. She knows her stuff and really
looks out for the incoming ferrets.

Todd is in a better place with all of his precious furrbutts around
him. He doesn't want us to dwell on his death, but rather on his life
and the good times and laughs he shared with all of us. ...(as hard as
that is for us right now) He is smiling upon us as I write. That is an
image I get. No matter what your beleifs are in psychic ability, I hope
all that knew him take comfort in this.

Kim and da kids at S.U.M.S.

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.