From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:20:25 -0400
>From:    Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret's newspaper alternative
>
>I just started using those "puppy pads" since I figured they're more
>absorbent.  They are more absorbant and also hold in the odor.  They
>have a plastic lining so no more leaking through to the floor.  Only
>downside is they are of course more expensive than using newspaper.

I have another alternative for those who don't mind wiping up messes:
contact paper.

I have hard wood floors and the over shots, near misses and 'I'll get
you!' spite dumps were driving me nuts because I had to keep washing the
floor.  I bought a large roll of inexpensive contact paper at WalMart,
cut the size I needed for the corner, put it down then put a smaller
strip on the wall overlapping the bottom piece a bit to make a seal.  Now
they can dump away and I just need to go in with papertowels and wipe up
the mess.  After about two weeks the contact paper needs to be replaced,
but it's alot better than washing the floor every day.

Leslie