Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:55:04 -0800
I have an apology to make to Julie for being so defensive regarding
the topic of insulinoma. I should have known better than to think she
was making any kind of personal attack on me. She's one of the sweetest
ferret folk I know... and I feel like an ass right now. With this
surgery pending and just losing three of my personal fuzzys, I'm
really on the edge. Julie even took the time to email me privately
and straighten things out. Thanks to her and several other folks who
provided me with information, I now have the knowledge I need to
do deal with insulinoma or diabetes. Another local shelter is even
donating a glucometer to us.

By the way if anyone has some advice for how I should deal with the
bathing thing while I'm in a leg cast, I'm open to suggestions....
yes ....even Alexandra.... I've been in a leg cast before, I was not
succesful at getting in and out of the tub without getting it wet. Wet
cast=wet skin=God knows what kind of mold etc. had I left the wet cast
on. Based on my experiences I know a few things already. Showering
balanced on one leg will not work unless I want to bust something else
in the process. The laws of gravity work great for getting in the tub.
Getting out is quite something else as I'm left in a wet slippery tub
with one good leg. The only other alternative I can think of at this
point is the garden hose. I can hear the 911 call now.

911: "911 Please hold...........5 minutes later...........How can I
help you"

Neighbor: "There's something in Kim Fox's yard. It's got long hair and
it's wrestling with the garden hose and screaming. It sounds like an
animal in pain"

911: Do not approach it ma'am, we'll send an officer and animal
control.

Neighbor: Have their been any Sasquatch sightings in the area lately?

Given the fact that it is winter, it would be at least spring until I
thawed enough to speak to assure the museum curator that, no I am not
a prehistoric ice woman.

Well one good thing about all this is that I will have plenty of time
to take care of a couple special projects I've been working on in the
past few years. Two books- one of ferret stories and poems and another
on animal communications. FIRST however is this afghan for our raffle,
which by the way is almost done. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.