From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 16:02:26 -0700
I thought I was going to die laughing when I read the post about the ferret
licking and digging on human legs in bed.  My Milo and Odie, both now 8years
old, have always done this.  They start out washing and then they start
digging and pinching with their teeth.  I think it a form of affection!
Only it hurts!  Or at least I think it does after a while.  My girl friend
likes it.  She goes out of her way to get them to do it!  Milo gets bored
after about 10 minutes, but Odies will go on until you can't stand it (about
2 minutes for me and 15 minutes for Zory).  Zory says they just look so
happy when they are doing it!  And they do.  Now I have 9 other ferrets now
and have 9 waiting for me at the rainbow bridge and only Milo and Odie (my
first 2!) dig.  I only wish I knew why they do it!

Ferrets do seem to have individual personalities.  My Tips (my first baby to
loose, she was killed when a visiting little girl closed a drawer on her and
broke her neck.  I was devastated for weeks.) use to take showers with me.
She would hear the water and come running.  She would then get in the tub
with me and lay down in the water, and then turn over so both sides were wet
and start bathing.  She would stay in the shower until you were finished,
turning over every so often to clean the other side.  She was then given her
own towel and dried herself.  She did this everyday, whenever I got in the
shower for almost 2 years!  I never take a shower without missing her!

Amy and her 11 fur snakes (yes, I lost my Cowboy last week)