From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:16:33 -0400
I agree totally, let ferrets be ferrets!  Too often we try and get our
animals to live in our world.  They need to dig.  Give them what they need
and they will thank you!  Butch and Maggie rarely go under the sofa
anymore.  They have deep dark hidey holes that I respect.  If they're in
their "special place" I leave them alone.  They need to feel safe and
secure sometimes.  My sofa is no longer under attack and our time together
is much more pleasant.  Yes I still get annoyed by poopies in corners but
it's what they do and I accept it because I chose to have these wonderful
creatures in my life and a little poop is a small price to me!

Let the ferrets be ferrets!
Connie, Butch, Maggie, and CB (Freedom to the Ferrets!)