From:
EI - Lydia French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:03:11 -0500
>It has been a month now and every time I try to introduce Kari and Tasi,
>it ends up a heartbreaking and traumatic experience for all of us.  I have
>tried holding Kari and letting Tasi come up and sniff him and he just
>wants to attack him.
>Margarete (me) Tasi, Tika & Kar"

I had the problem introducing Snickers to Ossi and Isis.  They wanted to
chew her up.  I finally had to put applebitter on her so they would stop
chewing on her.  I let them on the floor together for days with Snickers
having the applebitter on her and they finaly stoped biting her.  After
each play time I wiped the applebitter off Snickers.  That was the only way
I could safely let them play together.  After about two weeks they could go
in the same cage together.  Without the applebitter I dont think Snickers
would have survived.  Ossi wanted to just eat her, and she was so tiny.
Now she attackes Ossi and gives him a run for his money!!!  They play great
together and when I introduced Casper to the group she had no problem
fitting in.  Good luck Margarete.

Lydia and the gang Isis, Ossi, Snickers and Casper