From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 19:08:14 -0700
Hi All,

After surviving the inlaws for the past 4 days, it's time to get caught
up on emails. Someone emailed me looking for a home for their ferret,
but we are full and can not take anymore, until something changes. (the
wife will KILL me)

I have permission to post the following email. If anyone can help her,
please contact me, or Karen directly.

---

>Hello Jim,
>Thank you for returning my e-mail so quickly. We have had Rocket for
>approx 9 months. A quick rundown- we are unsure of her age. The pet
>store who rescued her from a prior customer stated that she was
>approx 3-4 years old when the store aquired her. She has not been ill
>since we took her home. She gets a bath every 1-2 weeks with regular
>nail clipping. She has been eating Marshall food with ferrevite approx
>2-4 times a week. She occ gets ferret treats. She is great with
>us-the kids included. She likes to occ nip at your feet. She likes to
>chase/play with the cats. Enjoys tubes and boxes and steals anything
>she can get. Typical ferret! In the past, my husband and I had many
>ferrets. One of the local pet stores that closed knew that we liked
>ferrets and we did rescue several and found homes for them. We would
>love to keep her, but the dog is aggressive towards her. I don't
>think the dog-a golden- would hurt her, but I don't want to take any
>chances. We want her to go to a good home where she can have ferret
>friends (a must for a ferret we think) and can run free without harm.
>The dog even tries to get to her in the cage.
>
>We have a metal cage, ferret food, goodies, hammock, water bottles ect
>that will go with her. We were told that she had a recent vet visit
>prior to her arrival, but if you would like, I can take her to one of
>the local vets whom deals with small animals and have her checked and
>vaccinated if needed.
>
>Let me know if you can help us or point us in the right direction. I
>really don't want her to go to a shelter.
>
>We live in a home in Auburn (Maine). We would gladly bring her where
>she needs to go.
>
>Thanks
>Karen Corwin

Jim Kennedy, Director
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from