From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:03:40 -0800
I finally had the chance to read all the FMLs from the last four days,
and I was very angered by certain posts.

Last week, there was a debate about religious beliefs, this week it is
about homosexuals.  PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH FERRETS?
NOTHING WHATSOEVER.  I was also very angry to see certain people claim
that they were insulted by the anonymous poster who posted filth about
homosexuals.  These same people who claim to have been offended, have
posted disgusting, hateful, gay-bashing comments on the alt.pets board.
I wont name- names because you know exactly who you are.  I just don't
understand the hypocrisy of some.

How do I feel about homosexuals?  Fine.  I am straight, but several of my
friends are not.  Religion, skin color and/or sexual preferences, have
nothing to do with ferrets nor do they determine who I am friends with or
who I respect.

It is such a bummer that certain people on this list, try very hard to
drive away those who can share valuable information.  It is also shameful
that some on this list enjoy watching others leave.  Eventually, if this
continues, who will be left?

Shame on you (whoever you are).  Perhaps your New Year's resolution can be
acceptance, not intolerance.  Most likely the reason you posted what you
did about homosexuals, is because you are one, and are too scared to come
out, possibly because of others who you think will condemn you?  I pity
you and hope that someday, you will feel "free".

Thank you for allowing me to vent.  This really upset me and offended my
intelligence.

[Moderator's note: The posts were allowed because they were related to
people's views about FML itself.  (Well, except for one rather nasty one
which I wouldn't have let through if I had thought about it further.)
That is also why this post is being let through -- it too has nothing to
do with ferrets whatsoever but I am giving you the same latitude that the
other posters you object to have received.  BIG]