From:
Melissa Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:11:17 EST
Hi All,

Let me start by saying what a pleasure it is belonging to this list and I'd
like to thank all of you knowledgeable people out there for all the help
you give people and fuzzies in need.  Keep up the excellent work!

But now to my problem.  First a little background, I just adopted two new
ferrets from a guy who never gave them attention, love, grooming, and cage
cleaning in months.  These little lovelies are beginning to use the litter
box and I'm so proud of them they didn't even have one in their cage
before.  They love to frolic around since they were never let out before
(which was good in a way because when I said ferret-proof, he said what's
that)?  You get the picture right?  Well, anyhoo I'm happy to be giving
them a good home but they have a nip problem because it's been so long
since they've been handled.  It's kinda like lick, lick, nip!  It's not
enough to draw blood, the only blood they've drawn is from scratching my
arms with their never trimmed nails!  But at least that's taken care of.
So now I need some suggestions on what to do, I know tat they need more
human interaction, but they hate being held they just squirm.  I'd love
some suggestions on how to socialize these two to people again.  I know
that you'll be able to help.

You can e-mail me direct or post to the list to help all, either one I'm
happy with.

----Melissa and her terrible twosome Zilla and Currin :)