From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:49:27 -0400
Bravely, I sit on the floor to begin my breakfast.  Suddenly, stealthily
the beast appears.  She knows, somehow she always knows - it's breakfast
time.  She sniffs around the low table, instints leading her to the best
plan of attack.  She starts at my feet, sniffing slowly - will the bearer
of the feast share?  As she is denied the ascent up my legs starts.
Little claws of the beast sharply hitting against me as the beast raises
herself to full height on two paws.  Her upon the table, hungrily eyeing
the bounty.  She mightily pulls herself up and is about to partake in the
kill when suddenly the protector of the feast tears her away and places
her back on the floor.

Undaunted the beast easily and quickly climbs the black mountain couch.
Assured in her abilities and focused on the bounty, the beast makes a
smooth and sure leap to the table.  Her dive is effortless, as her
hunting skills have been honed on years of breakfast stalking.  On the
table she moves in quickly for the kill, but he r enemy is also skilled
from years of selfishly protecting the morning bounty.  She is foiled at
every attept to access the Great Bowl.

Hungry and determined she will not be denied.  Bravely she goes directly
after The Box, the mighty and abundant box.  In one sudden ambush the box
tips over, victory is nearly at hand, um paw.  She quickly tackles the
crinkly bag to gain access to this treasure of grains.  Ah, but the enemy
is watching closely, no time to dig through the entrance.  As the cruel
human hand hovers above she makes a quick desperate attempt and hungrily
tries to bite through the bag.  To no avail, she is scooped up and placed
back on the floor.  Sulkily she accepts one measily grain from the human.
Just another morning with cereal and Jillie.  Jillie who is never a beast
and always a beauty, except when facing a box of Cheerios.