From:
Fran Wiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 00:20:29 -0400
This is my own concoction of what is known as "Scooter Goo".  So named after
my beloved Scooter who left this world for the Rainbow Bridge 2 years ago.
He lived off of nothing but this for almost the last 2 years of his life.
He had multiple problems from the time he came to the shelter, but boy, did
he love his "Goo".  It works wonders for recovery patients from surgery, sr.
citizen fuzzies & ECE/disease victims.  This is not a veterinary-endorsed
recipe, but oh, the difference this stuff makes, it's amazing.  Many times I
won't have to force it, they like the taste & will eat it out of a small
ceramic bowl.  It's so nice for them to eat it on their own, instead of
forcing!  It's syringable, even when cold.  Wish I had knew this recipe when
I originally broke with ECE in '93.  Some ferrets like it warm, some like it
cold.  Must be kept refrigerated after mixing.

"SCOOTER GOO"

(2) jars either Heinz or Beech-Nut Baby Food - Meat (Turkey & Chicken are
the favorites here, with Beef close behind) **Don't buy Gerber meat for this
recipe, it has additives that turns my ferrets "off".  You just want the
meat to be, i.e. - Chicken & Broth or Turkey & Broth.** 1 jar either Gerber
or Beech-Nut Baby Food - Banana Yogurt 1 to 1-1/2" strip of Nutri-Cal or
Ferret-Vite 1/12 of a can of Vanilla Sustacal

Mix all ingredients, feed ad libitum, especially during times of stress,
rehabilitation & debilitation.  This even works well for nursing moms &
their kits as a great supplementation.  Kits will eat this as early as 2-1/2
weeks of age.  Keep this recipe, you may not need it now, but someday you
might.

Sincerly - Fran & the Fuzzies in PA