From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 13:58:53 -0400
Meeteetse is still with us, but I doubt it will be for a lot longer.  Late
last night was hard for her but this morning was fine.  In fact, this
morning, she was happy to romp in her sling and even asked for her sling
once -- going over to it and calling our attention.  As you know she had
one node up before and had an aspirate on it that showed neoplasia (not
being a good biopsy candidate), and one of the possibilities for the spinal
growth has been lympho.  Today her nodes are quite large all the ones
normally looked at are suddenly like that, cervical, axillary, popliteal.
Her wheelchair arrived, but it seems to press on the nodes, so that means
that she is probably not going to be able to use it.  I will discuss the
matter with the wheelchair designers to see if they know of any possible
solutions and I guess we'll be experimenting to try to see if anything
can help.  She's up and down still, but her problems are accelerating.
When she is ready she'll have to have a mercy shot.

Will be hearing back from vet hospital about this and have asked them
how to help her express her bladder since she seems to now be having the
opposite bladder problem from her urinary incontinence (Still having fecal
incontinence, though.).  She's entering that hard judgment call time where
people try to balance pain elimination with not jumping overly fast for the
ferret's needs.  It's never easy to judge when (except if down and out or
actively dying); never will be, either.  Just have to watch her carefully
and be ready whenever.

Steve's dad is back in the hospital, too, but we aren't supposed to know
about it so we can't call.  Guess he figures that we'd worry too much.
He's not even at home; he's at a vet's reunion far away from home.  Don't
know if he'll be allowed to fly back or not.