From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 00:47:49 EDT
Most of you know (or found out the hard way) that there is an automatically
enforced daily posting limit on the FML.  If one tries to post more than 3
times in a 24-hour period the excess posts are returned by the server.  I
never see the returned posts, nor do I even know it happened.

I have a bit of a moral dilemma here though.  Dr. Williams has told me that
if and when gets a chance to post it is likely to be in bursts.  In other
words, he may post 6 times one day and then not post for a week, depending
what his schedule allows.

I've decided to handle this by waiving the posting limit for him with the
following provisions:

1) I may hold his posts for subsequent issues, especially if they aren't
   about a life-or-death situation.  (In fact, I'm holding 3 right now
   for the next issue.)
2) If enough FMLers disagree with this decision it's subject to
   re-evaluation.
3) As usual, if you get a post returned but feel it's important your post
   appear immediately please forward the post to me and I'll use my
   judgement (and likely put it in).  This has always been the policy.

I don't like to imply that ANYONE on the FML is more important than
anyone else, but at the same time I realize the great value of expert
medical information... sometimes I just have to take things on a
case-by-case basis.

Bill