From:
rosemary german <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:33:28 -0400
Just clarification:
A BG monitor at home to check BG levels when a crisis (or change) is at
hand can save the life.Using KARO syrup can too but these are only home
remedies and contact with your VET is the most Crucial as Tara states:

>So just a heads up... I'm very happy you saved your baby,tho Rosemary;))
>Just be VERY VERY careful!!  I just worry that self diagnosis & giving
>meds,and things doing so well, may be in the minority?? ...
>
>Tara;-)

I have had this experience many times to know protocol in an emergency
but immediate contact with your VET is strongly recommended before going
further and administering meds.

If anyone is interested in learning how to check BG on Ferret- I have
copies from previous post that i can send.

Respectfully,
Rose German