From:
Anna G Ralya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:38:46 -0400
My husband and I are going on a week-long trip to Milwaukee early this
August, and were thinking of boarding our babies at the vet.  But we're
extremely worried that they might catch ECE or some other vile disease,
especially if they're exposed to other ferrets who are ill.  I know of
several people around the area who have the same vet who have had ECE.
(Turns out our ECE scare was another much milder gastrointestinal disease
that Molly caught after/because of her hernia surgery.)

What rights do we have if the ferrets die while at the vet's??  I shudder to
think of our three ferrets romping around with ECE-contaminated ferrets ---
when Molly was recovering from surgery, the vet apparently had another
ferret patient *in the same cage with her* (known because of comments by the
vet & her aides on how cute they were playing together).  Isn't this
terribly unsafe??  Sure, the other ferret may not be in for a communicable
disease, but what if he or she was an ECE carrier??

Please, if anyone knows of someone who is very responsible and makes a
business of boarding ferrets w/ good safety/sanitary precautions around the
Ann Arbor area, please let me know!  I don't want to expose our fuzzkids to
ECE, even though they're relatively young (from 9 months - 1 year).  At this
rate I might even stay behind in Ann Arbor for the trip, though I've dreamed
about going to Gen Con for years.  =(

                        Worried mom,
                             Anna