From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:48:53 -0500
In my personal opinion, the woman, who abused Darling Faith, did not
receive proper justice. In fact, I consider it to be a slap on the
hand. Because of her Felony Animal Abuse, a young ferret and a
Chihuahua died, of dehydration and starvation. This woman accepted a
State Offered Plea Deal: 18 months probation, a $250.00 fine and the
surrender of the surviving ferret and Chihuahua. Originally, the woman
faced four Felony Animal Abuse Charges and ninety days in jail, on each
count.

In May of last year, my veterinarian told me of a young female ferret,
who needed a good home. Before he could finish his story, I said I
would give her the home. A few hours later, he telephoned me and told
me her location. She was a Ward Of The Court, at the Lake County
(Florida) Animal Services. The following day, I started visiting the
ferret, three times per week, for eight long months.

On the 11th of December, the Animal Surrender Hearing was scheduled,
for the 4th of January. After I talked to the Assistant Florida State
Attorney, it was re-scheduled, for the 23rd of December. During the
Criminal Court Proceeding, the woman sat two rows behind me. Right
after she took the podium and surrendered the Faith and Rocky, the
Chief Animal Control Officer gave me the Thumbs Up Sign. And, the
State Prosecuting Attorney smiled at me, as the woman walked past and
gave me a dirty look.

Later in the day, I brought Darling Faith home, where she was warmly
greeted, by Chandler. Now, she has all the care and love, she so
rightly deserves.

Smiles,
Arlena
Ferrets Rule My World!