From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 00:54:51 -0500
Hi.  It's going to be a bit of a long night.  You know how it is, Meltdown
overdid it, so she's had to have some extra furosemide at midnight and some
potassium, and I just watch till she's okay.  Been there, done that, and all
such.  It's a funny quirk with cardiomyopathy patients sometimes that they
just feel so danged good that they insist on a level of exercise which is
beyond their capabilities (and have tantrums if they don't get it) so you
regulate as well as you can, but sometimes it's that touch too much anyway.
Harder to talk sense into her sometimes than it is to talk it into Dad, even
though with him being almost 83 he's around the same equivalent age and has
a lot of practise at being stubborn.  Oh, well.  She's still our cherished
old lady, Keeper of the Sacred Banana and Carob Treats, and Minister of the
Left Side Pillowy Chest Part (The side without a heart beat is not fancy
dandy enough for her.).  Oh, we had to take her furosemide up a touch this
week, just 0.1 ml more for two of her three daily doses.  She now gets 0.6
ml morning and night, and 0.5 for the afternoon.  Today, she had a few more
short walks than she was up to, and beat up a catnip mousie.  She also slept
for around two hours in my shirt, pigged out, went through a lot of the New
York Times, and got to give her approval on a new soap -- watermelon scent.
She strongly approves, BTW.  No reason to worry; no lung involvement and the
diaphram's not crowded -- she's just at a level which she finds
uncomfortable though not painful apparantly and she gets nervous with it --
keeps trying to piddle when the pressure is not in her bladder and that
upsets her, so she has to be calmed down and the standing abdominal ascites
levels dropped a bit to prevent a spiral.  (Kind of like cooking -- have to
check and judge, and practise, practise, practise learning to judge it.)
Tomorrow she will most likely be feeling fine as rain, but it will me who
will have the soggy-loggy brain.

Steve doesn't know I'm up; he'd shoot me if he knew.  I just got past the
flu and am taking well detested Biaxin for a secondary infection.  Sweet guy
worrys too much.  I'm too tough a bird to get really awful.  Maybe he's
secretly more worried about BIG, because he knows I write very strange humor
at such times.  Now, that WOULD make sense!!!!!

Oh, Steve made a request.  On April 4th, when Meltdown turns 8 and 1/2
(She's doing so well this week, that I think she'll be around -- heck, at
this rate she'll out-live us!) Steve would like every FML owner to do some
extra nice thing for a ferret, whether it be carob chip treats, or a new
toy, or whatever, and those who feel like putting a party hat on their
ferrets in celebration are invited to do so because Meltdown actually LIKES
wearing her's, a cone of memo pad paper with curled birthday ribbon hanging
down).

Sukie