From:
Philip Langley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 06:46:06 +0800
>I've noticed for the last few weeks that my two boys seem to be having gas
>in their tummies or >something. [snip]  Should I be worried, has anyone else
>seen this?

Eden, we had a ferret with gas last year.  She was fine all day, then in the
evening I noticed that she was terribly lethargic and had a very swollen
stomach that seemed to hurt when we touched it.  I went straight to the FAQ
and convinced myself she had cardiomyopathy (a little knowledge is dangerous
sometimes!).  Philip and our son took her down to the vet (it was 11pm by
this time) and I spent the next couple of hours fretting but when they got
home, Mash was 100% normal.  Apparently she had had gas and the vet had just
given her an injection to relieve the flatulence and hey presto, back to
being herself!

>1997 Ferret Calendar - just for fun. [snip]  I stepped back and noticed
>something strange.

Yes Dick, the kids and I checked out the picture and you're right!  What a
hoot!

Wishing you and all your furballs a wonderful '97

G'dooks from WA

Nona
The Ferret Centre