Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:13:42 -0400
Well, I've been gone away from the forum for a while. We were trying to
deal with MoJoMan's illness, Theo's illness, and the rest of the drama
that comes from being owned by ferrets.

MoJoMan was one of the last, of the original gang. He developed Adrenal
disease, about 2.5 years ago....and by the time we found out, he was
too old to do surgery to remove the tumor. He did very well, for quite
a long time. For alot of you, you may remember he was one of the first
to get the new experimental drug, that came all the way from Australia
(deslorin?). I'm sorry, but right now, my tears won't allow me to even
remember the damn name of the drug. We did the melatonin implants, the
lupron, and the Australia drug. None of them worked. Our last attempt
was about 4.5 months ago, when we did a double melatonin implant. Some
of you may smile and remember this....he grew fur back, almost
immediately....on...his BUTT. No other fur ever came back. We finally
gave up the bus on hoping that we could find something that would work,
and concentrated on "comfort" and quality of life. Moj did his BEST
and stayed up and bouncing around, even when these past 4 weeks or so,
he lost most of the rest of his fur. He was lucky enough to keep his
"head" fur, and never lost the new butt hair. One little patch.....one
little patch....damn, you'd think that after going thru this a couple
times, I could get thru it easier, but how does it EVER get easier,
to give up a piece of your soul? I love my cats, and I love my dog -
but NOTHING compares to the pain, of losing one of these magnificent
creatures, and I cannot for the life of me, understand, why God would
make such an exquisite little creature, roll so much love into their
fuzzy little bodies....only to have them dies these hideous deaths.
More research is needed to find a CURE for this - not a "mask" for the
symptoms. The "ferret breeders" need to STOP mass producing them, and
concentrate some of the billions they make in breeding them, into
researching ways to KEEP THEM ALIVE. I am so tired of watching these
beautiful little guys, go through such horror and pain......

MoJo retained his spirit, his bounce, and his drive - right up til
today, when I came home from work, and found him. I put him to bed last
night and he was fine....came home today, and he looked like he lost
half of his body mass, within 24 hours of time....how the HELL can that
happen? I mean - he WAS fine - he wasn't hurting that we knew yet, and
he ate and drank like nothing was wrong....and then today, he was half
of himself, quite literally. It looked like we starved him for months
to make him look the way he did. He was still ambulating quite well,
walking, running, climbing into his hammie, albeit much more slowly.
When I picked him up though, I knew something was drastically changed
and when I felt his skin - usually hotter than Hades, it was cool to
the touch....and he was whimpering.....I noted also, that he had
"potty" that was dark and tarry, and we all know what that means. I
attempted to get him to try some ferrevite, and ferretone, and even
water. No go. I knew then, that was time for us to say good-bye.
Unfortunately, it was AFTER hours, and Doc Levenson was gone for the
day. My only option? Was VCA. now, not sure how many of you remember
the Helena story, and how badly they messed me up, and killed her....
but this time? I was AMAZED at these people. They were compassionate,
kind, caring, considerate, and did everything they could to make him,
and myself - more comfortable. They put us in a little room, with a
nice sofa, kleenex, and a warm ambiance. They were going to insert an
IV and allow me to hold him after they administered his "sleeping"
medicine. They took MoJo in the back, to insert a iv. Unfortunately,
it was too difficult for them to find a vein, due to dehydration. What
really broke my heart was that I was unable to hold my Little Man, in
his last moments. They did bring him to me though, prior to the final
moment and explained they tried as hard as they could, but they
couldn't do this the "conventional" way. They stated that they couldn't
allow me to witness the alternative. Hell, I couldn'ta done that if
they'da asked me to. I did that with Zeus, and I couldn't ever see that
way of euthanasia again. So, I held my little man......I kissed his
little nose...and cried. You know what hurt the most? He looked up at
me, with his trusting little eyes, and then he attempted to comfort
ME....he gave me a little kiss.....and laid his head back on my heart.
I held him, stroked him, kissed him - and told him to look for Ricky,
Artie, Lena, and Zeuser. I told him all about The Bridge, and how when
he got there, there was a very special Ferret Angel, who would give him
his fur back, take away all his pain, and give him his WINGS. Now MoJo
preferred the color green, to all others. And screw any idiots out
there that say that animals are color blind. He loved green, of all
shades....so I am hoping that our blessed little Ferret Angel will
give him green ones.

My heart is breaking, and I am so going to miss this little man....he
was one of the BEST ferrets I have had the honor of sharing my life
with, and while I am going to miss him so much, I know he isn't hurting
anymore, he WILL get his fur back, and I pray to God he will be waiting
for me at The Bridge. My apologies this is so long. My condolences to
those of you who are going through your own heartbreak due to your
loss's, and my prayers for all the sick fuzzlets out there, who are
comforting their own Hoomans right now. May God watch over all of you,
and your fuzzies and may you all be healed, in your own ways, in your
own times, for any and all illnesses and heartbreak. A large piece of
my soul left my body today. I'm not sure how much more soul or heart
for that matter, that I have left. It rips me apart, every time one
of these magnificent, kind, loving, intelligent, beautiful, warm and
sensitive animals leaves my life....but I know, they'll be no more.....
tears in Heaven.....I know that has to be true, because I am crying
them all right now, here on Earth....I feel like my heart was ripped
out of my body, and right now, if someone gave me the choice, I'd
gladly go with him - to see him to The Bridge..

Sarah Ferret, please watch out for my Little Man....and if he gives you
any lip, just say to him: MoJoMan, please listen......please make sure
that Ricky, Helena, Zeus and Artie know he is on his way. He will be
scared up there, and lost and I think, missing me, as much as I am
missing him. Please tell him I am sorry I couldn't make his life
better, and take away his disease. Please let him pick out the BIGGEST,
BADDEST Green Wings that were ever made, and let him fly......his
body may have left me, but his spirit, and memory - will live with me
forever. Please, please - remember my MoJoMan - as I will remember your
kids, in my/your prayers tonite.

Love to All The Fuzzies, Healthy or sick, and their Hoomans that they
own....hug and kiss them all, one more time...........For The MoJoMan!

Thank you all...

Kim and Her HeartBroken Army Of Idiots
From The Land of Enchantment...