From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:45:04 -0500
Hey Everyone,

Before the real sadness of Buddy's condition takes hold of this room,
and while Buddy s happy and not feeling too ill to play, we have indeed
gotten a new member of the family. His shelter name is Slinky but I
don't know if I'll keepit. I wanted to maybe name him Renasseince,and
call him Reni because he is bringing new life into this sad ferret
room but my husband doesn't like that name. This time, getting a new
playmate fo Buddy and Ruby was NOT up to me however,. I let THEM choose
who was to come home with us and I'll tell ya, that's the way to go!

We went to the shelter, Buddy, Ruby and I. I wanted a little dark girl,
but that was NOT what Ruby wanted! She beat up on every female there.
So we let the males out. They wouldn't take her garbage! It was so
funny, she'd bite and then run away fast! Buddy on the other hand loved
evrybody, everybody was his friend. But there was one he played with
the most and that was Slinky. The shelter mom and I even saw the 3 of
them playing together. SO..... It was decided that we bring Slinky
home, to his forever home.

The reason I say letting the ferret pick the friend and not the human
is that I didn't have to do any of the stuff one has to do to acclamate
a new ferret to the old ones. In fact, they all slept in the same cage
the first night. I even saw him cuddled up with Buddy at one time. He
hit the litter boxes 100% and i am more than thrilled at that. He even
hit the paper out on the floor when it was playtime. There has been
very little stress for any of us, for me though, ALL the stress will
be tomorrow.

I wanted to get some happy news out before I write with what enevitably
will be sad news with Buddy's surgery tomorrow am. I am not being a
pessimiss, I just know ferrets get LOT of cancer. Masses usually mean
cancer. To be missing my Holly so much right now, and the very real
possiblity that Buddy is vey sick brought a vibe into this room that
you could almost cut with a knife. Slinky, or Reni, or what ever his
name may finally be, has bought some happiness to it. I think,or at
least I hope I did the right thing in bringing in a new family member
at this time. Buddy's, whose health and opinion mattered most, seems
to be just fine with it. Any good thoughts and prayers for tomorrow
for my beloved Buddy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you whoo sent me kind messages. They all mean so
much to me.

Dooks
Sue& Crew
Buddy, Ruby and ??to be determined:)