Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:00:12 -0800
While I agree with much of what Debi had to say about Luna's vet bill, I'm
also familiar with clinics which do detail their bills to this degree.
Many of the big chain clinics (PetsChoice in the Western US), order their
supplies much like Petno does.  They get the best prices by ordering for
all of their clinics and then the clinics get their supplies from the
PetsChoice "warehouse".

Their inventory system (just like Petno's) will automatically reorder
supplies.

If you have a personal relationship with the vet (which most of us
shelters, and people with a lot of companion animals do) then you are
likely to get some complimentary services.  While people who come in once
a year for shots (and perhaps go to different clinics each) shouldn't
expect to get free stuff (not that Luna's person was asking for that)
when they do require a major service.

As harsh as this sounds, whether the animal dies or not is really not
relevant to the charges.  Human doctors & hospitals bill you for every
detail, including daily doctors exams (separate bill) and daily room
charges, because they are for two different things.  AND...they charge
you whether you go home or to the morgue.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
   dba House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org