From:
Karla Dreier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:48:41 EDT
Hi,
I am new to this list as am to ferrets.  I have 2 males, ages 1 and 2.
They are very nippy.  They also find it quite fun to jump in the air and
land on my 19mo daughter.  This terrifies her greatly.  I'm afraid the she
will fall on one and it will react negatively.  I don't know much about
their background.  I know the previous owner has many years of expierence,
but didn't spend much time with these guys.  I don't even know how long he
had had them.  From reading other posts, I haven't found the "fullfillment"
or joy in these little guys.  They aren't cuddly or loving.  They will let
you hold them, but not for long.  They are just happy running around the
house.  I also have an 8yr who likes to hold and play with them, but as I
said, they are nippy.  I'm wondering if they are set in their ways or if I
should try to find a kit so that we can raise it in a loving environment.
The previous owner is willing to take them back if I feel the need.  I just
don't want harm to come to my child.  Please send any advice directly to my
email as I'm getting behind on reading the mailer.

Thanks!
Karla  [log in to unmask]