Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:04:09 -0700
Yes, we're regulars at the San Diego Zoo, and we always stop by the
nursery to see if the ferrets are out playing.  We saw one on our very
first visit (very cute!) but on following trips they've been asleep.
They have a really nice setup.  It's about the size of a bedroom and has
lots of boxes, tubes, and polar fleece blankies.  I was glad to read in
the ZooNooz that they also get a lot of human attention.

I think it's the funniest thing.  The San Diego Zoo is so careful to
design exhibits that mimic the native habitat of the animals living
there.  Obviously they know that a ferret's place is in a house with lots
of man-made playthings!

Keeping my fingers crossed until Sept. 30.  My guys can't wait to run
around in the park!

Best wishes,
  Julie