From:
Kelly L White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 12:33:33 -0600
Hi all.  To Dayna, who mentioned the F&G dolls...If I thought my guys would
attack the doll, I think it would be a great idea.  Unfortunately, I've
taught my ferrets not to attack people, even if they don't agree with their
politics.  (how do you train a ferret to attack selectively?) I did get a
laugh out of the post, though.

Ok, here's the best solution for keeping ferrets from digging at doors that
I've seen so far.  You can go to a hardware store and buy a sheet of very
thin wood (about 1/4 in.  thick) and measure the outside and inside of your
doorjamb.  Cut down the sides of the wood so it fits inside the doorjamb and
extends a few inches on either side, outside and in.  It looks sortof like
an I... |--| and this way if the ferrets dig under or near the door, they
won't get out or harm the carpet (Edie can actually shimmy under many doors,
so we have multiple reasons to protect the doors here).

May your home be blessed with many dooking weasels.
Kelly.
Reverend Maynard (back from San Antonio and having a blast!)
Edie and Cosette (practicing their abused looks to get more raisins).