From:
Cassie Perusse
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 19:50:24 -0300
>Her most poignant statement to me was that because the shedding studies have
>not been completed, she feels that her hands are tied.  She can either go
>with inconclusive or incomplete statistics and save Kodo, while (in her mind)
>risking the life of the bite victim, or she can do the worse thing, and be
>sure she's protecting a human life.  I do not envy her.

I believe I read somewhere that if a person does not have the rabies booster
shots within 10 days of the bite incident, its effectiveness decreases more
as each day passes.  It would seem to me that since more then 30 days have
elapsed since the Kodo incident and the "victim" has not taken the steps of
innoculating himself he would be dead anyway if Kodo should test positive
(which of course he won't!!!) So I find Ms. Burns' comments a load of
bulls***.