From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:13:33 -0400
I was just reading the July/August 1999 (Vol 10, # 4) issue of The American
Ferret Report and there are a LOT of articles which are PERFECT FITS for
some of the some of the question which arise here.  There's a marvelous
piece by vet, Ann Gillis on a whole assortment of medical emergencies, what
the most common causes are, and what to do.  There's one on what items are
useful in a ferret medical kit.  Another is on veterinary oncology, and one
is on how to keep ferrets cool in hot spells.  (I would also have REALLY
liked to have seen a piece about the new Merial CD vaccine work and the
ECE coronavirus advances but those notifications probably weren't before
deadline for the printers.  AFA is a volunteer group so they are limited
by that as are other non-profit groups.  Expect those will be in the next
issue.)

If YOU can use any of these articles, please, call the AFA at
1-888-FERRET1, or write to them at AFA, Box 255, Crownsville, MD 21032.

SHELTERS: they have an August 1st deadline for info about your shelter if
you want it included in their Shelter Issue.  If you want more info the the
article says that you should send an e-mail to either
[log in to unmask] or to [log in to unmask] .
The first is for the chairman of the Shelter Committee, Matthew Stevens.
Sorry about giving you only a day, but we just got our issue today!