From:
lori Lundgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:40:33 -0500
Hi all, I am a new poster, I follow the digests daily.  I am always
interested in what everyone else is feeding their ferts.

When I became a fert lover 4 years ago, I began feeding them a combo
of Iams kitten food & Totally Ferret.  About a year ago, when a friends
dog got cancer, I became interested in the correlation between diet and
sickness/disease in our pets.  I began researching pet food ingredients.
I had fed my cats Science Diet, Eagle Pack and Iams for years.  Being a
layman, I discovered that the ingredients left me unsure and confused over
even these "premium" foods.  I called, I e mailed and I just became more
overwhelmed.  Who do you believe?  In my reading during my friends crisis,
my instinct told me to try to do better with my family of 4 leggers.  I
got a sample of Neura Wellness, by Old Mother Hubbard.  Everyone loved
it!  It even smells good!  I began feeding Wellness dry for Cats mixed
with an equal amount of Totally Ferret.  I, as well as my veterinarian,
have noticed a marked difference in the coats, eyes and overall health and
well being.  It is made with human grade deboned chicken as well as many
other non processed ingredients.  Yes, it does contain some fruits and
veggies, which I have heard is not part of the natural diet for ferrets.
Their stools are healthy, they are a good weight and their coats are
absolutely soft and stunning.  The best thing is my cats (ALL 5) love it
too, so when the ferts are out, they can nibble up the cat food pieces
without concern.

Lori (and the Charlotte branch of the SD zoo!)
http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/cats/wellness_overview.html