From:
"Butts, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:10:05 -0500
I did not want to enter this at all, but I had a question on an issue that
I have not seen brought up (though I apologize if it has and just escaped
my notice).  I do not want this to start a debate, just something to think
about, but if you must respond you can do so to me privately. :)

I have read several people complaining about MF because they sell their
ferrets for things like cosmetic and household product research, so they
should be boycotted.  This is a nice and obvious solution to the problems
that you see, but look in your house and see if the makeup, bath products
and cleaning products are not just your average brand bought at the
department or drug store.  I know you were talking mostly about the
inhumane treatment of ferrets, but do not dogs, cats, rabbits, and all
the other animals they test on matter just as much?  Boycotting one
supplier of lab animals is not going to be enough.  If you really want to
try to make a difference, wouldn't it be nice not to support the companies
that buy these animals for research?  Why don't you also buy products that
are cruelty free (no animal products or testing) and send a message to the
companies of products that you are using, letting them know you are
switching brands because they test on animals?  Just another thought for
those of you outraged by ferret/animal testing for household products.

Hugs to all the little fuzzies!

Jenna