From:
Mia Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:29:36 -0800
Hi folks
Well its been awhile since you all heard from me and there's a bunch to
catch up on.

Now recently I as well as a few of you received a card in the mail from the
makers of the new ZuPreem premium ferret diet.  After a call to their
1-800 and grilling them about ingredients protien etc..  we requested some
samples.  Well the samples have arrived as well as a 4lb bag which we put
a test group on two weeks ago The results??  A BIG thumbs up for ZuPreem
ferret food!!!  The protien is 40% and there is absolutley NO CORN!  Our
test group has maintaned their soft coats, the stools are firm and well
formed and they switched over very well, the ferrets like it!!  Best of
all, no awful fish stink!  (we have more samples if you want one e-mail me,
We do not sell this product but I have a bunch of info on how to aquire it)

Next, I have made a discovery in the past week that will drastically alter
the way things run around here.  Patrick (My hubby) and I are pregnant!!
That means there's a baby ferret lover on the way!  However it also means
that in order to lighten the load around here we MUST place our retired
breeders in approved ferret loving homes.  These kids are all trained,
affectionate and under 5 years of age.  Available are: Bizzy, Clover, Ewan,
Aurora, and Trixie.

We also had 6 unaltered ferrets left at the shelter by another breeder, not
all of these kids are ready for homes, but they must be fixed!!  Needless
to say we are going to need some help with that cost, So for now the
adoption fee is the cost of spay/neuter.

- There is one 3yr old white hob with a black spot on his leg, he has a
  bladder infection and is on antibiotics.
- One black sable jill that is at least 5 yrs old and very emaciated, we
  are trying to get some weight on her.
- One blind sable girl 1 1/2 yrs old and affectionate, she gets around
  very well but her cage gets a bit messy.
- One blaze girl, full of attitude and very active about 3 to 4 yrs old.
- One 4 yr old DEW girl that hates other girl ferrets (especially if they
  touch her blankie)
- One 4 yr old silver stripe girl that is a handful and needs a very
  experienced ferret home and doesn't like other ferrets.

Now as you know, Halo was the name chosen for our name raffle rescue and
she's doing very well now, we are still working on one toe and her feet
will never be 100% but she is now ready for adoption.  Now Halo is a
'special needs' ferret and will only go to a home that is willing to
provide the lupron therapy that is nesscesary to treat her adrenal disease.
She is affectionate and she loves other ferrets but must be housed on her
own.

Mia, Patrick,
and the Baby Emery 'To Be'