From:
"Cheryl M. Nordgulen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:38:25 -0700
Dear Friends,
Yesterday I caught a portion of a program on Animal Planet that showed
ferrets as "wild animals" and in the next breath went on about "puppy mill"
breeding of bears.  Now, how can we get our point across to this network to
examine programs for content and to delete any obviously untrue statements,
such as ferrets being wild.

Do we subscribe them to "Modern Ferret" or to this list or do we contribute
our pennies and send the veeps a copy of the latest book on ferret care?
This is not the first program that has labeled the domestic ferret as wild,
but could we possibly make it the last?  This kind of ignorance should not
be broadcast.  There should be liability of the network for "truth in
programming".  I feel very angry when misinformation such as this is
allowed to be broadcast.

Cheryl
The Critterpen by Chemayn
Cheryl M. Nordgulen