Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:35:59 -0500
We just got back from visiting jake at the animal hospital, we were able
to feed him quite a bit of his totally ferret mush, and the vet took the
plastic baggie full of crushed TF I bought with me to make him more later.
the ultrsound showed enlarged internal lymph nodes, as well as an enlarged
spleen, no tumors.  His peripheral nodes are normal.  She suspects
lymphoma, we will get the results of the spleen aspiration on monday, and
will start on the pred.  I'm still undecided on the chemo at this point,
as his veins are difficult to find on him, she said.  i don't want him to
suffer through it if it will be an ordeal.  I've got a favor to ask, in
order to help me decide on the treatment.  Could anyone who's ferret has
had this disease please email me privately to let me know what treatment
course was followed, and what the outcome was?  How many of you had
remissions of 1yr or more?  thanks very much.

-Celia