From:
Kaye FitzGerald-Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:12:27 +0000
>He built them a very large cage in the backyard and moved them there....
>plenty of shade and water.... My father attached an animal carrier to the
>side of the cage with flannel clothes inside and a blanket and tarp over
>the outside for warmth.  Then another tarp over the whole cage and
>insulation over the water bottles just in case.  He says the three of
>them can keep each other warm and will be okay.

Hi,

I have 2 ferrets which live outside all year round.  In this part of the UK
we get temps down to freezing and occasionally below, but they seem OK.
They have really thick fur and at night I put them in a rabbit type hutch
where the sleeping compartment is stuffed full of hay.  It really keeps
them snug.  If I know we're going to have a cold snap I'll put something
like old sacks or bubble wrap over the outside of the cage too.  I
recommend the hay though, try it!

K.