From:
chris last <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:41:06 -0800
I have had Doodlebug about 6 months.  He is an old guy and as sweet as it
comes.  My guess is he was always a loner as he detests the other ferts.
He is however crazy about me.  He follows me around the house .  I take
him to the park and he does not need to be leashed, he just follows me.
He gets in bed and sleeps on my knees every night.My partner does not
exactly appreciate it, but ya know..  love me love my weasel..lol .
Doodlebug ooozes personality.

Doodlebug " talks" to me.  He asks for treats and believe it or not his
favorite treat is whole wheat bread.No peanut butter ..  just the bread.
Sometimes I am busy around the house and I say to him , "go to bed now"..
and you know what HE DOES!!  .

I was told by the vet when he first came and was so sick that Doodlebug
would not live.  Doodlebug lived all right and is well loved.

What I want to ask is this.  I know I am asking a rhetorical question
here .  Why in the name of heaven would someone leave Doodlbug alone in a
ginea pig cage in an apartment and move out??  Why would anyone leave him
there alone without food or water and in the cold?  How could someone,
anyone, look into Doodlebug's eyes and do thing like that?  I have to say
also that it seems as though Doodlebug was not fed on any regular basis
even before being left behind.  I will never get this about people.

If anyone wants to see a photo of Doodlebug go to:
http://www.geocities.com/weaselator1/ferrets.html

Doodlebug is the one wrapped in the blanket with the caption "Doodlebug's
day off"

Thanks all , I am done with my menopause moment now.

Christine