From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:02:38 -0600
I received a call the other evening from a family that is moving to CA.
They have 4 ferrets that they would like to place in a loving responsible
home.  They love their ferrets but do not want to take a chance on having
them confiscated in CA so their decision is to find a loving home for them.
There are 2 girls and 2 boys and the ages range from 2 to 4.  One of the
females is scheduled for adrenal surgery next week and one of the others, I
think one of the males, had adrenal surgery last year.  They will not be
moving till the end of February so we have a bit of time to find the right
home for them.  The family is located in Manhattan Kansas but willing to
drive a ways to the right home.

If anyone is interested and can take all 4 (they've been raised together
so absolutely cannot ever be separated) please contact me and I'll forward
your info on to the family.  The ferrets are use to cats and familiar with
dogs.

Such a sad time of year for many people.  We too suffered a loss.  Marley
died on Monday.  He'd been with me for 4+ years and was 2 1/2 when he came
to me.  My condolences to all that have lost loved ones and healing wishes
to all with ailing little ones.  Through all of our trials and tribulations
we can only hope to learn things that will help others.

It is so important to make time for our little ones while they are with us
because we never know when they will be gone forever from our lives.  Of
course they will always live on in our hearts but the loss of the physical
presence leaves a void in our lives.  I'm constantly picking up, hugging,
cuddling and kissing ferrets.  Some enjoy it, others tolerate it, and
others act like I'm torturing them.  I don't care, it makes me feel better
to have done it, even if they don't like it.  Whenever I walk by a room and
see one, I say hello and call them by name and tell them I love them.  I
made a vow long ago that the ferrets would always come first with me, and
since that time and forever more they have and will.  And I'm much happier.

I received a post from someone that visited the Petco in Lenexa Kansas.
Apparently this store had kits in bad condition and the staff was
unconcerned.  If anyone is in that area would you be willing to stop in and
see what you is going on?  Unfortunately the post was sent while I was away
and the poster hasn't responded to my email.  Are there any KFA members in
that area that can help out?

Hugs to all. tle