From:
Lisa Patnaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:35:00 -0800
Hello guys and gals (that includes humans),

Do ferrets react to catnip?

The reason I'm wondering is last night I bought them *another* toy (yes,
they are nicely spoiled) from Petco.  It's called Cat-A-Trail Expandable
Cat Tunnel.  It's lined with sheepskin fabric and has a couple of catnip
plush balls attached to the inside.

I noticed when my two girls walked out of it both of their tails were in
full-blown "poof" mode (a.k.a., brush tail).  They stayed like this for
quite awhile.  This is a rare occurance for them and was wondering if they
were reacting to the catnip.

They've played with other new toys and never reacted like this.  The male
had no reaction.  Other than the tails, they acted normally.

Is there any danger to them from catnip?

Thanks,

Lisa and "The Triple S Gang"
Sunshine, Stretch and Snow White