From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:08:54 EDT
The first thing the FML heard about the Layton Utah ferrets was that
a shelter needed money for a lawyer because all the ferrets had been
confiscated unjustly, and were going to be euthanized.  Some people
were trying to raise money for the lawyer immediately.

Despite some peoples keen dislike of PETA, which I understand, I
contacted them, and they had a representative fly to Utah.  She
discovered the true state of things.

A woman crammed over a hundred ferrets into a small condo.  Conditions
were so horrendous that one of the first officers who went in to the
condo was actually overcome from the fumes of waste product.  And so
began a staggering, mind boggling, and very, very expensive rescue.

A number of you recently had some or all of your Utah rescued babies pass
away.  God Bless you for your huge hearts.  You may well have given those
little ones the only love that they ever knew.  And I know that a number
of those babies required hundreds of dollars of vet care, and many, many
hours of TLC

But of the very ill man who needed help placing 70 ferrets?: Apparently,
as of 6 P.M. Saturday night, no one has heard back from THIS person.

If there is truly a gentleman sincerely in need of placing his ferrets...
the situation would naturally need to be assessed by a visit to the home.
A helping hand was offered: no small hand...there were seventy ferrets,
the FML was told.

I actually hope that this is a cruel joke.  I would rather that than
for the person writing the FML to die with a possibility of 70 ferrets
starving to their death in his home.  A sick joke flies in, stirs up a
little dust, and flies out.

But sir..if you actually are a man, and not* J.  M.*: I seriously doubt
that you are going to find homes for the majority of your ferrets on your
own.  I don't know why you ask for help, then ignore it.  I used to spend
hours trying to figure out why people might have said or done x, y, or z.
Now I just move on.

Unless I hear from people I have come to trust that the situation is any
different, I am going to begin an actual 2 days of vacation, instead of
gathering things to sell, and snapping pictures and uploading them for
E-bay, and rearranging furniture for an extra cage I would need to start
looking at buying.

My sincere gratitude goes out to the prestigious members who have tried
their best to decipher the situation.  If this is just a hoax, as it
appears tonight, I am geariing into lurk mode.

Happy and safe Fourth of July to all.