From:
Sam S Winston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:44:08 -0800
I've been working my parents to let me get another ferret, and it's getting
frustrating.  I have some questions to ask, so I can answer my mom's
arguments easily.  First of all, the reason I want another is that I'll be
starting school again and I'm afraid Scout will get lonely.  She's already
gotten through one school year with me, but she was still young and
exploring then.  Whenever I go any where now (which isn't often) I come back
to find she's pooped on the floor and dug at the carpet.  Would she be okay
while I was at school, or would she just get lonely?  I already know about
the damage factor, the vineager is working really good for the digging
(bitter apple just made her dig more furiously) and the pooping I can
handle, other than that is it much more work to have 2?  My mom also said
that the cage wasn't big enough!  It's over 2 ft.  wide and almost 1 1/2 ft.
long, with 2 & 1/3 floors (the 1/3 is for eating).  Would this be big enough
for 2 if they weren't in there much (she has the run of my room all day and
night)?  One other thing that makes me mad.  My mom is saying that I want to
get another so I won't *have* to spend as much time with scout!  I WANT to,
it's just that I won't be ABLE to.  I'd like some feedback on this.
*Hopefully* if I keep at it they'll cave in and let me get another.

Thanks,
Sam&Scout