From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:23:10 -0700
I had steel shelving I used to create the base for a ferret Mansion.  It
has seven layers that are 3'x5' each (whole-latta-space.  I pushed it
into a corner which created two walls, then built a side wall with a
staircase to each level going up to 8 feet in height.  The front has the
fourth wall with two doors (an upper and a lower, each being 4' in
height).  I carpeted each layer and put a poop pan, toys, hammocks on
each level and food and water on two levels.  I then added a slide that
is attached to the side so that the ferrets can be in the cage and slide
down the tunnel slide that turns around and re-enters the cage on the
first level.  On the top level I have a huge bin filled with 20 pounds of
macaroni (thanks Costco).  When I put them in the cage, they never
figured out that it was a cage.  They don't seem to know they are locked
up!

I had to quite working for the Red Cross yesterday after receiving a call
from my Mom's attorney.  I have to stay home now to care for her full
time.  (This is my 4Th job I had to quite to care for Mom) I will really
miss the income, but the good news is that I can now devote the time to
get my ferret books published and create new things.  I will also be
getting my own website in a couple of months.  I have to do the artwork
for that also.  So I guess I am blessed after all.

Deva