Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:36:45 -0800
Hello everyone!

Well the New year is going well so far!

Thansk to SOS for their generous gift certificate to The Ferret Store-- we
can use that to keep the kids in ferretone!  Also a sincere thank you to
Julie Kunitada and Shin Mitamura for the warm and cozy sleep hammocks and
toys.  Several kids were fresh out of surgery when the hammocks arrived--
giving them a comfy & cozy place to recoup!

Bandit has recovered from her abdominal surgery and has gone to her REAL
adoptive home.....she ran the folks here half crazy the past few days!!!

Both NoMar and Neko have had x-rays and are on treatment for heliocobacter
infections--- BUT they are in their permanent adoptive placement.

Munchkin continues to do well after her latest bout with kidney disease--
keep those paws crossed!

Witty and Skittles- the recent starvation kids are gaining weight they have
great personalities-- Witty gives kisses and loves to chase balls!  both
are doing much better-- we are looking for hospice placement in the next
3-4 weeks!!!

The web page has been updated-- for those of you who do not recieve the
"Frolic" (shelter newsletter) by subscription, we have posted Ewok's final
tribute column on the web site-- to access it go to:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/ewoktalks.html

and a final note-- for those ferret friends who also have a slight
addiction to wonderful teddy bears-- you might want to check out the
information on this years shelter raffle " The Shelterer" a custom designed
imported mohair teddy complete with injured ferret...  it will be drawn and
presented at the upcoming Re-Union Picnic (open to the public) in September
( we here the ferret tattoo contest - modeled by humans wioll have a dfew
new entrants this year!)!   Hope to see you all there!

Humbly,

Bear
for our dear master "Ewok"