From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:57:16 +0200
Hi Everyone

Last night a little sandy (cinnamon) girl of about 5 weeks old was
brought into one of our shelters by the animal ambulance.  She was
found wondering and was covered with spiky seeds, these were so tangled
in her fur that we had to shave of her fur is some places to save her
the pain of pulling them all out.  But this tiny girt has a very strange
problem, on both her hind legs she has too feet and they all work.  So
I'm wondering, should we have the extra feet removed, or should we just
leave them be, at the moment they don't seem to bother her, but I don't
know what will happen when she is fully developed.  Will they get in her
way and make walking difficult, if so, then I would like to have them
removed as soon as possible, if not then why put her through all that
pain, I will make sure she finds a loving home, six feet or four.  Has
anyone seen this sort of disfigurement before and can you tell me what
to expect

Thanks Stephenie

Stichting De Fret Netherlands