Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:50:08 -0600
Some FML-ers remember my awful roommate a few months ago, who was really a
danger to Dervish.  Whenever my roommate and I would have a fight, Dervish
would steal-n-stash something of hers ... usually her hairbrush (which is
with me now! :-D) or her cigarettes.  That's some ferret loyalty!  I found
about ten half-full packs when I was moving out.  I was terrified she'd eat
one, but there wasn't much I could do.  My roommate never remembered to put
her bag where Dervish couldn't get it, and Dervish is smart enough to undo
zippers; so please, no flames, I know it was dangerous, but there wasn't
much I could do about it.

The post about Ratty, the bottle-stealing fert, made me laugh out loud.
Not only Dervish is a bottle-stealer (as I type, she's moving her cache
from under my bed to under the guest bed), but yesterday, she got into my
mother's wine!  My mother had her glass of wine sitting on the floor by her
chair, when my father said, "Watch your glass." Dervish had her little head
stuck in the glass and had gotten a lap or two before my mother grabbed it
away.  She's tried to get to my kahlua and milk when I have it, but I'm
smart enough not to leave the glass unattended!  Wonder if they have ferret
support groups (maybe we can set one up in a conference room at the ferret
mall) ...

What surprises me most is that she didn't knock the cup over.  That's her
usual plan ... knock the cup over and enjoy whatever spills out.  Because
as we know, the tastiest part of the beverage is at the bottom!

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("Would you mix me up an amaretto
sour, heavy on the cherry juice?")