Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 00:11:13 +0100
My, doesn't time fly?  I'm sitting here on... of all things... a Mac.  I've
been teased incessently about my PC (well, I won't repeat what Bob has to
say about PC's... hehe needless to say, he LURVES his Mac and has an
immeasurable hate... er... dislike for PCs)

I breezed through to Texas, the ferrets there were crazy ;o)  From there on
it was off to Oklahoma, visit some more fat ferrets ;o) see some more
people, and - heavens!  I even managed to get bitten by a bear while I was
there!  Okay, okay, it was a cub... but even cubs have teeth!

After that, I stopped off in Kansas for a while.  Hi Razz!!  Met up with
Lynda and Troy Lynn in Manhattan, and generally made a nuisance of myself.
Actually, TLE had me cutting out stitches, clipping nails, giving meds, and
clipping nails in no time flat!  hehehehe Typical ferret people.  It was
fun.  After that off to Missouri, spent some time in St Louis, visiting some
awesomely fussed over ferrets there... oops, and their humans!!  Then, I
managed to get off to meet the Bhor.  Oops, Bob.  Actually, he isn't as
Bhoring as his posts ;o)  (Just kidding Bob!!)  I think I'm safe from him
for now, I'm off to Springfield IL in the morning, and he wouldn't kick me
out (I HOPE!!) I've done my level best to annoy him, and believe I've
succeeded.

Margaret Merchants party was today, so I got to meet Margaret, Candy, and
Sara & Kurt from F.U.R.R.Y.  Lovely people, all of them... hey guys - look
I can even type one-handed!! ;o)  (I had fun playing with a biter... hehe
oh well, I was warned!)

BTW - for those interested in Tui's progress (the kit I sent to Bob from
New Zealand) he's getting big... and he's got an attitude.  He and Carbone
wrestle constantly, and they rule the pack whenever possible <g> I was MORE
than happy to have Tuis first reaction to seeing me as being millions of
ferret kisses ;o) it wasn't till later that he bit my lip - the brat!  BTW -
Bob loved his beer, but says he'd likely take fifty years to get through the
cans I brought over!  hehehehehe

Visited Julie in Lawrence KS yesterday, spent about 4 hours longer than
planned.  Oops.  Didn't get back till early this morning, BUT got to see an
awesome thunderstorm on the way back.  Heaps of lightning, and no rain on
the road, loved it.

Tuesday I'll have been in the States one month.  As I said... Time flies.
Especially when you're meeting such wonderful people.  I hopefully haven't
scared the people I stayed with TOO much while I visited ;o) Haven't had
time to upload any pics from Kansas on, but have had some pics right through
to Oklahoma, for those interested, hopefully I'll be able to get some time
soon, and will be able to upload this stuff!!

Sam