From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 13:31:45 -0500
Seeking advice: Binky is just over 2 years old, and has had a nephretomy at
about 3 months and a partial adrenalectomy (right adrenal) at just around 2
years.  In her first bout with adrenal disease - she presented with hair
loss as her only symptom.  Last week I noticed that her vulva was a slightly
enlarged, and there is a thick, mostly yellow discharge present.  Her vet is
*not* thinking adrenal problems again - due to the discharge, which she says
she's never seen - and she says the swelling doesn't look right.  Apparently
this swelling would look like a ferret in estrus - and that would be bright
red.  She's leaning toward an infection - urinary tract or vaginal.  She has
put her on Amoxy at .15cc 2x daily for 10 days.  Currently no other
symptoms: no hair loss, apetite and energy good.  She took a very long time
to recover from the last surgery, so I'm sure the vet is being cautious
about doing that again.

Any thoughts?  Advice?  Experiences?  Based on her history - I'm
pretty paranoid.  She's my *baby*!  :-(