From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 05:25:49 -0400
There have been some figures tossed around as to how many 3 year old Jills
are actually exterminated as retired breeders.  So I thought what is the
magic number that will compel us to do something positive and concrete?

10 a month?
10 a week?
10 a day?
10 an hour?
What would it take to get each of us involved?

It is important that we stay focused on all the issues for ferret health,
safety, and welfare.  We deem worthy(as we should) the laws of Michigan,
California, and other states of our efforts.  Yet, MF may be easily be
killing off more ferrets than these states combined.  So why the debate?
Why not a uniform outcry?  These ferrets may not have names, but they do
have hearts.  For any to excuse this a "the price of doing business is like
saying to excuse the beheadings are the price of big government.  For all
those tiny hearts, I don't know if it makes much difference.  So what will
it take for us to make a difference?

For Kodo and all the ferrets with no names
alphachi