From:
"Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:35:32 -0500
**The advice dispensed by myself in reference to FML postings is not meant
to supplant the advice of veterinarians who are in charge of the patient.
If the patient is not currently under the care of a veterinarian, the client
is recommended to take their ferret to one.**

>From:    Al Horne <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bandaging & Teeth
>Now ya got me wondering... how do ya bandage ferret feet?  What material do
>you use (which package of gauze, or is it that high-tech micro-velcro sorta

I try like the dickens not to bandage feet in ferrets.  Most times I use
multiple thin layers of tissue glue (sterile surgical super glue) to cover a
wound.  If you need to bandage a foot, I use a three layer approach.  The
layer next to the wound is cast padding, the next is Kling gauze and the
third is a covering such as Vet-wrap.  As for the tooth, there is not a lot
that can be done in most cases because the tooth is so, so small.  You'll
get a more accurate opinion with a trip to the vet's so they can look at
the tooth.

>From:    glasgoww <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Need help with a sick little boy

When I have a case where peptobismol does not work, I switch to a
prescription antidiarrheal.  I use Amforol and it works well for most of
the peptobismol resistent cases.

>From:    Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: bad breath
>Lately, I have noticed that Boomer has bad breath - "laser breath", my SO
>calls it.  He didn't always have bad breath - neither one of them did.

I opt for grody teeth.

Mike Dutton, DVM, DABVP
Weare Animal Hospital
Weare, NH, USA